Executing a well organized consignment sale requires a lot of work, and we can’t do it alone. We need hard-working volunteers to help us with just about every aspect of the event in order for it to run as smoothly as possible. Whether you’re consigning or not, there are benefits to volunteering with us.
Benefits for our Volunteers
- Earn the opportunity to shop before the public during our pre-sale. First admittance affords you the chance to get the best deals available at the sale! (Workers that accept shifts during the pre-sale will have the opportunity to shop before others are admitted.)
- Consignors who volunteer for 1 shift receive an additional 5% on their sales – that’s 75% total!
- Consignors who volunteer for 2 or more shifts receive an additional 10% of their sales – that’s 80% total!
- Volunteers get to sign up for the times that work best for their schedule.
Want to shop early, but not available to volunteer during sale hours? You may earn a pre-sale pass by helping us distribute flyers to local businesses, getting our event listed on blogs and community calendars, using any medias contacts you may have, etc. Please email us for more details!
Duties will include setting up, inspection of items, putting clothing and other items out on the sales floor, organizing the merchandise in a pleasing way, assisting the shoppers, keeping the sales floor clean, sorting the unsold items and breaking down racks at the end of the sale.
Tips for Volunteering
- Be sure to wear comfortable clothing and shoes as you’ll be on your feet and moving around quite a bit in your respective volunteer position.
- You may want to bring a snack or drink to have while you are working.
- We are unable to accommodate children during volunteer shifts, please arrange for childcare during this time.
- If you have a health condition or physical limitation that restricts the jobs you are able to perform (such as back trouble or pregnancy), please send us an email after you register for your shift(s), and we’ll happy to find a job that would be appropriate for your needs.
- It is important that each person show up on time and stay for their full shift, failure to do so will forfeit your additional 5% or 10% in sales. Please show up 10 minutes early for your shift so that you will have time to find out what your job will be and get any instructions that you may need. Please be prepared to work your entire shift.
- Failure to show up for a scheduled shift may result in being prohibited from participating in future sales.